The health and safety of our patients and staff are our first priority. We are taking many steps to make certain Atlantic Dermatologic Associates is a safe environment for you to receive expert care during this difficult time.
Please know that our offices are continuing to follow all recommended guidance from local public health authorities and the CDC. We are taking the following precautions to make Atlantic Dermatologic Associates' offices safe places for you to receive the excellent care you deserve
- All patients will continue to undergo screening questions before coming into the office. Patients should expect to be screened for flu-like symptoms and history of COVID-19 exposure.
- Waiting room surfaces, doorknobs, restroom fixtures, counters, credit card terminals and other horizontal surfaces are sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- Chairs in waiting rooms have been reduced and appropriately spaced apart.
- Patients have the option to wait in their car or outside the office until called on their cell phone.
- Magazines and other reading materials have been removed from patient care areas.
- Additional hand sanitizers are available in the waiting room for patients as well as in high traffic areas for staff.
- All doors are kept open on the patient path from the entrance through the office to the exit.
- We ask that all patients be seen alone unless they need a caregiver (or parent for children) with them at the visit. Other companions should wait in their car or outside the office.
- Masks and other PPE are worn by all staff.
- All patients being seen for in-office appointments must come into the office wearing a cloth mask
If you have any of the following symptoms or exposures please call to reschedule and utilize our telemedicine option instead:
- Fever, cough or shortness of breath
- Exposure to a patient with COVID-19
- Exposure to a patient with flu or other communicable diseases
- Traveled internationally or via airplane within the last two weeks.